Romance is full of double standards. Take Sam Smith; though a past single from the UK soul singer saw him pleading with a special girl to Stay With [Him] forever, his stance toward commitment is a little more laissez-faire now that he’s boyfriend #2. On a new single off his freshman full-length, released along with an unknown director’s official visuals, Smith offers a little advice to a woman who’s torn between him and her steady man: “Leave Your Lover, leave him for me.” His pleas come backed by the string-laced boardwork of Jimmy Napes and Steve Fitzmaurice. Sam Smith’s Capitol Records debut, In the Lonely Hour, is slated to hit UK stores May 26; fans Stateside will, sadly, have to wait till June 17, to pick it up.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.