Romance is full of double standards. Take Sam Smith; though a past single from the UK soul singer saw him pleading with a special girl to Stay With [Him] forever, his stance toward commitment is a little more laissez-faire now that he’s boyfriend #2. On a new single off his freshman full-length, released along with an unknown director’s official visuals, Smith offers a little advice to a woman who’s torn between him and her steady man: “Leave Your Lover, leave him for me.” His pleas come backed by the string-laced boardwork of Jimmy Napes and Steve Fitzmaurice. Sam Smith’s Capitol Records debut, In the Lonely Hour, is slated to hit UK stores May 26; fans Stateside will, sadly, have to wait till June 17, to pick it up.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.