Romance is full of double standards. Take Sam Smith; though a past single from the UK soul singer saw him pleading with a special girl to Stay With [Him] forever, his stance toward commitment is a little more laissez-faire now that he’s boyfriend #2. On a new single off his freshman full-length, released along with an unknown director’s official visuals, Smith offers a little advice to a woman who’s torn between him and her steady man: “Leave Your Lover, leave him for me.” His pleas come backed by the string-laced boardwork of Jimmy Napes and Steve Fitzmaurice. Sam Smith’s Capitol Records debut, In the Lonely Hour, is slated to hit UK stores May 26; fans Stateside will, sadly, have to wait till June 17, to pick it up.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)