Romance is full of double standards. Take Sam Smith; though a past single from the UK soul singer saw him pleading with a special girl to Stay With [Him] forever, his stance toward commitment is a little more laissez-faire now that he’s boyfriend #2. On a new single off his freshman full-length, released along with an unknown director’s official visuals, Smith offers a little advice to a woman who’s torn between him and her steady man: “Leave Your Lover, leave him for me.” His pleas come backed by the string-laced boardwork of Jimmy Napes and Steve Fitzmaurice. Sam Smith’s Capitol Records debut, In the Lonely Hour, is slated to hit UK stores May 26; fans Stateside will, sadly, have to wait till June 17, to pick it up.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.