Romance is full of double standards. Take Sam Smith; though a past single from the UK soul singer saw him pleading with a special girl to Stay With [Him] forever, his stance toward commitment is a little more laissez-faire now that he’s boyfriend #2. On a new single off his freshman full-length, released along with an unknown director’s official visuals, Smith offers a little advice to a woman who’s torn between him and her steady man: “Leave Your Lover, leave him for me.” His pleas come backed by the string-laced boardwork of Jimmy Napes and Steve Fitzmaurice. Sam Smith’s Capitol Records debut, In the Lonely Hour, is slated to hit UK stores May 26; fans Stateside will, sadly, have to wait till June 17, to pick it up.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.