This may be the first time you’ve heard of Sam Smith, but it’s unlikely to be your last. An unsigned soul buzzmaker hailing from the UK, the artist showcases his talent for soaring balladry on the newly-released Lay Me Down. Disclosure & Jimmy Napes craft a lush, piano-led instrumental that slowly picks up steam as Smith pours out his heart to the woman he loves, building to an explosive, string-drenched climax. This record is neither a single nor part of any larger project, but y’all know the drill: if you like what you’re hearing, simply keep your browsers locked on our front page for all the latest from this promising newcomer.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Safe With Me" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.