Still riding high off the success of Stay With Me and its Mary J. Blige-assisted revamp, UK soul sensation Sam Smith returns with another poignant single off his studio debut. Like much of the material on the album, this midtempo, piano-led number deals with the themes of unrequited love and romantic betrayal. Over a delicate, string-laced arrangement by Napes and Fitzmaurice, the singer confronts a partner about his infidelity: “You say I’m crazy / Cause you don’t think I know what you’ve done / But when you call me baby / I Know I’m Not the Only One.” This is just one of many heartfelt cuts to be found on Smith’s In the Lonely Hour LP, which is out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)