Still riding high off the success of Stay With Me and its Mary J. Blige-assisted revamp, UK soul sensation Sam Smith returns with another poignant single off his studio debut. Like much of the material on the album, this midtempo, piano-led number deals with the themes of unrequited love and romantic betrayal. Over a delicate, string-laced arrangement by Napes and Fitzmaurice, the singer confronts a partner about his infidelity: “You say I’m crazy / Cause you don’t think I know what you’ve done / But when you call me baby / I Know I’m Not the Only One.” This is just one of many heartfelt cuts to be found on Smith’s In the Lonely Hour LP, which is out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.