Still riding high off the success of Stay With Me and its Mary J. Blige-assisted revamp, UK soul sensation Sam Smith returns with another poignant single off his studio debut. Like much of the material on the album, this midtempo, piano-led number deals with the themes of unrequited love and romantic betrayal. Over a delicate, string-laced arrangement by Napes and Fitzmaurice, the singer confronts a partner about his infidelity: “You say I’m crazy / Cause you don’t think I know what you’ve done / But when you call me baby / I Know I’m Not the Only One.” This is just one of many heartfelt cuts to be found on Smith’s In the Lonely Hour LP, which is out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)