Contrary to the stereotypes, Minnesota isn’t a frozen wasteland peppered with igloos, where blistering winds will flay any inch of exposed skin from your bones if you dare to step outside. That’s only six months out of the year. The rest of the time, it’s pretty damn nice—and, as fans of the Minneapolis underground scene will tell you, the local music is always hot. A MN-to-Boston transplant whose heart still beats with pride for the State of 10,000 Lakes, Booth newcomer Sam Scott teams up with two fellow Twin Cities buzzmakers on album single We Get Around. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this local anthem finds Tha Don Benedetto serving up a whirring, synth/percussion beat as the singer pays witty lyrical tribute to his motherland. Bloomington’s Mod Sun expresses his own hometown pride on the front, and perennial reader fave Mike Dreams takes over on the back, showcasing some of his most impressive mic work to date in a show-stealing closing 16. Has this cut left you itching to book a vacation to the sunny (for the moment) North Star State? If so, you can expect plenty more T.C.-repping bangers on Scott’s Stuck Dreaming LP, scheduled for release July 23.
Written by richard on 06/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shake The Groud" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.