A Boston-born, Minnesota-based vocalist meets Kansas emcee? Who says boundaries aren’t broken everyday in Hip-Hop? Roughly one month after making his DJBooth debut with We Get Around, crooner Sam Scott has returned to the Booth for the world premiere of his new single Shake The Ground. No stranger to the occasional Hip-Hop collaboration, We Get Around features both Mod Sun and Mike Dreams, Scott recruits the help of Kansas’ own XV for Shake, which features two very contrasting, yet distinctly complimentary styles. Rather than overpowering the record, XV’s verse adds a touch of welcomed unexpectedness. And with producer Matty Trump‘s futuristic blend of a variety of sounds, Shake The Ground surely isn’t lacking in uniqueness. Lookout for the release of Scott’s Stuck Dreaming album, set to hit the DJBooth on July 23.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Get Around" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.