A Boston-born, Minnesota-based vocalist meets Kansas emcee? Who says boundaries aren’t broken everyday in Hip-Hop? Roughly one month after making his DJBooth debut with We Get Around, crooner Sam Scott has returned to the Booth for the world premiere of his new single Shake The Ground. No stranger to the occasional Hip-Hop collaboration, We Get Around features both Mod Sun and Mike Dreams, Scott recruits the help of Kansas’ own XV for Shake, which features two very contrasting, yet distinctly complimentary styles. Rather than overpowering the record, XV’s verse adds a touch of welcomed unexpectedness. And with producer Matty Trump‘s futuristic blend of a variety of sounds, Shake The Ground surely isn’t lacking in uniqueness. Lookout for the release of Scott’s Stuck Dreaming album, set to hit the DJBooth on July 23.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Get Around" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.