A Boston-born, Minnesota-based vocalist meets Kansas emcee? Who says boundaries aren’t broken everyday in Hip-Hop? Roughly one month after making his DJBooth debut with We Get Around, crooner Sam Scott has returned to the Booth for the world premiere of his new single Shake The Ground. No stranger to the occasional Hip-Hop collaboration, We Get Around features both Mod Sun and Mike Dreams, Scott recruits the help of Kansas’ own XV for Shake, which features two very contrasting, yet distinctly complimentary styles. Rather than overpowering the record, XV’s verse adds a touch of welcomed unexpectedness. And with producer Matty Trump‘s futuristic blend of a variety of sounds, Shake The Ground surely isn’t lacking in uniqueness. Lookout for the release of Scott’s Stuck Dreaming album, set to hit the DJBooth on July 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Get Around" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.