A Boston-born, Minnesota-based vocalist meets Kansas emcee? Who says boundaries aren’t broken everyday in Hip-Hop? Roughly one month after making his DJBooth debut with We Get Around, crooner Sam Scott has returned to the Booth for the world premiere of his new single Shake The Ground. No stranger to the occasional Hip-Hop collaboration, We Get Around features both Mod Sun and Mike Dreams, Scott recruits the help of Kansas’ own XV for Shake, which features two very contrasting, yet distinctly complimentary styles. Rather than overpowering the record, XV’s verse adds a touch of welcomed unexpectedness. And with producer Matty Trump‘s futuristic blend of a variety of sounds, Shake The Ground surely isn’t lacking in uniqueness. Lookout for the release of Scott’s Stuck Dreaming album, set to hit the DJBooth on July 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Get Around" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.