Most of our favorite nationally-known rap stars, who are now enjoying lifestyles of the rich and famous, started their lives Down at the Bottom. For instance, New Jersey native and Def Jam signee Sam Scarfo has spent plenty of time on the lowest rung of society. Refusing to forget where it all starts, however, Scarfo documents the depths of a ghetto-raised lifestyle, from his mother’s upcoming drug trial to recently discovering he impregnated a women, on this new song from his The 19th Letter mixtape. Producer Boola adds a slow, introspective East Coast beat, which allows Scarfo’s story to remain the primary focus of the record. All in all, it makes for some “chill” background music that will resonate very strongly with several listeners.
Listen to More: Sam Scarfo Written by Burmy
Gorilla Pimp/Island Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.