Most of our favorite nationally-known rap stars, who are now enjoying lifestyles of the rich and famous, started their lives Down at the Bottom. For instance, New Jersey native and Def Jam signee Sam Scarfo has spent plenty of time on the lowest rung of society. Refusing to forget where it all starts, however, Scarfo documents the depths of a ghetto-raised lifestyle, from his mother’s upcoming drug trial to recently discovering he impregnated a women, on this new song from his The 19th Letter mixtape. Producer Boola adds a slow, introspective East Coast beat, which allows Scarfo’s story to remain the primary focus of the record. All in all, it makes for some “chill” background music that will resonate very strongly with several listeners.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.