Most of our favorite nationally-known rap stars, who are now enjoying lifestyles of the rich and famous, started their lives Down at the Bottom. For instance, New Jersey native and Def Jam signee Sam Scarfo has spent plenty of time on the lowest rung of society. Refusing to forget where it all starts, however, Scarfo documents the depths of a ghetto-raised lifestyle, from his mother’s upcoming drug trial to recently discovering he impregnated a women, on this new song from his The 19th Letter mixtape. Producer Boola adds a slow, introspective East Coast beat, which allows Scarfo’s story to remain the primary focus of the record. All in all, it makes for some “chill” background music that will resonate very strongly with several listeners.
Listen to More: Sam Scarfo
Written by Burmy on 06/16/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.