Most of our favorite nationally-known rap stars, who are now enjoying lifestyles of the rich and famous, started their lives Down at the Bottom. For instance, New Jersey native and Def Jam signee Sam Scarfo has spent plenty of time on the lowest rung of society. Refusing to forget where it all starts, however, Scarfo documents the depths of a ghetto-raised lifestyle, from his mother’s upcoming drug trial to recently discovering he impregnated a women, on this new song from his The 19th Letter mixtape. Producer Boola adds a slow, introspective East Coast beat, which allows Scarfo’s story to remain the primary focus of the record. All in all, it makes for some “chill” background music that will resonate very strongly with several listeners.
Listen to More: Sam Scarfo
Written by Burmy on 06/16/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.