Are you a fan of the underground sounds that have been emerging from Pacific Northwest of late? Then, my friend, you’ve come to the right place. Sam Lachow, the Emerald City rapper/producer who made his solo debut with January’s Banana Goo Pie, has enlisted a sextet of his most talented city-mates for a brand new promo single. On Young Seattle Part 2, the sequel to a cut released to the ‘net last August, Lachow links up with co-producer Kromagnon to craft a minimal, percussion-driven backdrop for lyrical contributions from himself, Gift uh Gab (an alumnus of Part 1), Nacho Picasso, Jarv Dee, La, Raz Simone and Grynch. Shot by Andrew Imanka, the accompanying visuals depict the forementioned mic-murderers doing their thing at a variety of spots throughout their hometown. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from each and every one of these promising Washington reppers.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Goo Pie" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.