Are you a fan of the underground sounds that have been emerging from Pacific Northwest of late? Then, my friend, you’ve come to the right place. Sam Lachow, the Emerald City rapper/producer who made his solo debut with January’s Banana Goo Pie, has enlisted a sextet of his most talented city-mates for a brand new promo single. On Young Seattle Part 2, the sequel to a cut released to the ‘net last August, Lachow links up with co-producer Kromagnon to craft a minimal, percussion-driven backdrop for lyrical contributions from himself, Gift uh Gab (an alumnus of Part 1), Nacho Picasso, Jarv Dee, La, Raz Simone and Grynch. Shot by Andrew Imanka, the accompanying visuals depict the forementioned mic-murderers doing their thing at a variety of spots throughout their hometown. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from each and every one of these promising Washington reppers.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Goo Pie" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.