With early October’s Coyotes, Sam Lachow and Raz revealed the first of Five Good Reasons that we shouldn’t be sleeping on them. Today, they present another: Money. No, they’re (unfortunately) not going to reward you for listening in cold, hard cash—but they do have some insights into the paper chase that should cause hip-hop heads to prick up their ears. On this freshly-minted song release, Lachow and Maggie Brown create a smooth, downbeat backdrop for rhymes exploring the lengths to which desperate individuals will go to amass currency and the power that it represents. Complete with a throwback hook featuring samples from a few of the duo’s own records, Money is just one of several persuasive jams to be found on the twosome’s latest EP, available online as of September 17.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.