Need a good reason to keep an eye on Seattle rhymesayers Sam Lachow and Raz? They’ve got five of ‘em on their debut collaborative EP. Just in case you need some motivation to check the project out, however, the Pacific Northwestern newcomers have stepped into the Booth with a brand new video single sure to pique listener interest. Coyotes is an introspective jam based around a simple axiom: “The things that we love can be the same things that kill us.” Lachow and Maggie Brown handle production, creating an appealingly laid-back, synth-laced backdrop for bars contemplating the effects of their chronic playerism on the women they love and leave; though they know they’re leaving a trail of broken hearts behind them, commitment just doesn’t seem to be in their nature. An official video co-produced by the duo along with Avi Loud rounds out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on the twosome’s 5 Good Reasons EP, available online as of September 17.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.