In Shakespeare’s King Lear, the titular monarch decides to divvy up his estate among his three daughters based on their willingness to flatter him. I won’t spoil the details but, suffice it to say, sh*t ends tragically. On his latest promo single, Emerald City rapper/producer Sam Lachow looks to that classic story for a reminder of the dangers of hubris and self-delusion. Backed by his and Wilson Luxurious‘s leisurely, brass-laced production he takes a candid look in the mirror, and emphasizes the importance of keeping things in perspective while chasing after one’s dreams: “When I’m in Seattle I’m feelin’ sort of important / Then I fly back to New York and see how important the world is.” Released along with visuals by the artist himself, this joint isn’t currently attached to any larger project. Sam Lachow and Raz Simone will be accompanying D-WHY on tour later this month; click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.