In Shakespeare’s King Lear, the titular monarch decides to divvy up his estate among his three daughters based on their willingness to flatter him. I won’t spoil the details but, suffice it to say, sh*t ends tragically. On his latest promo single, Emerald City rapper/producer Sam Lachow looks to that classic story for a reminder of the dangers of hubris and self-delusion. Backed by his and Wilson Luxurious‘s leisurely, brass-laced production he takes a candid look in the mirror, and emphasizes the importance of keeping things in perspective while chasing after one’s dreams: “When I’m in Seattle I’m feelin’ sort of important / Then I fly back to New York and see how important the world is.” Released along with visuals by the artist himself, this joint isn’t currently attached to any larger project. Sam Lachow and Raz Simone will be accompanying D-WHY on tour later this month; click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Goo Pie" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.