In Shakespeare’s King Lear, the titular monarch decides to divvy up his estate among his three daughters based on their willingness to flatter him. I won’t spoil the details but, suffice it to say, sh*t ends tragically. On his latest promo single, Emerald City rapper/producer Sam Lachow looks to that classic story for a reminder of the dangers of hubris and self-delusion. Backed by his and Wilson Luxurious‘s leisurely, brass-laced production he takes a candid look in the mirror, and emphasizes the importance of keeping things in perspective while chasing after one’s dreams: “When I’m in Seattle I’m feelin’ sort of important / Then I fly back to New York and see how important the world is.” Released along with visuals by the artist himself, this joint isn’t currently attached to any larger project. Sam Lachow and Raz Simone will be accompanying D-WHY on tour later this month; click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Goo Pie" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.