With his past features, Driving Me Crazy and Heads Will Roll (Remix), iTunes-famous up-and-comer Sam Adams had the Booth’s resident pop-lovers humming along, but our pickier regulars remained unconvinced of his staying power. With EP bonus cut Fly Jets Over Boston, however, he goes a long way toward proving himself as a serious contender – or, at the very least, a contender with a serious weed tolerance. This spacey joint (pun intended), finds Adams sparking one up alongside the ever-stoned Curren$y; over beatsmith Xperiment‘s hazy chopped-sample instrumental, the Beantown native and his New Orleans-bred cohort spit bars as on-point as they are THC-drenched, the former giving us a window into his grind on the front, and the latter closing proceedings with a few harsh words for rival emcees who’ve been “disrespectin’ the game and getting’ paid for it.” Has Jets converted you to a Sam Adams fan? If the answer’s “yes” (or if you’ve been on board from the start), you can find this cut and more on the retail version of Boston’s Boy, in stores now.
Written by richard on 07/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.