With his past features, Driving Me Crazy and Heads Will Roll (Remix), iTunes-famous up-and-comer Sam Adams had the Booth’s resident pop-lovers humming along, but our pickier regulars remained unconvinced of his staying power. With EP bonus cut Fly Jets Over Boston, however, he goes a long way toward proving himself as a serious contender – or, at the very least, a contender with a serious weed tolerance. This spacey joint (pun intended), finds Adams sparking one up alongside the ever-stoned Curren$y; over beatsmith Xperiment‘s hazy chopped-sample instrumental, the Beantown native and his New Orleans-bred cohort spit bars as on-point as they are THC-drenched, the former giving us a window into his grind on the front, and the latter closing proceedings with a few harsh words for rival emcees who’ve been “disrespectin’ the game and getting’ paid for it.” Has Jets converted you to a Sam Adams fan? If the answer’s “yes” (or if you’ve been on board from the start), you can find this cut and more on the retail version of Boston’s Boy, in stores now.
Written by richard on 07/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.