Making his extraordinarily unlikely DJBooth debut today is Sam Adams, the now 288-year-old political philosopher and founding father who….wait…what? It’s not that Sam Adams? My bad. Whether Sam Adams takes his name from the founding father or the beer or both, the (obviously) Boston-based singer/emcee is making his first appearance on our pages with his melodic, bouncing new single Driving Me Crazy. If the track’s electronically melodic, sugar sweet production is driving you crazy, you can thank (or blame) Adams himself, who in addition to manning the boards contributes punchline driven rap/talk hybrid verses about the tendency of men to act insane over the fairer sex, or more specifically, to act insane in pursuit of sex with the fairer sex: “Not Tony Hawk, but last night, gave her the whole thing, no halfpipe.” If you’re losing your mind (in a good way) over this unapologetically enjoyable cut, be sure to check out Adams’ alliterate and aptly-titled new EP Boston Boy, available now online.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heads Will Roll (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.