Making his extraordinarily unlikely DJBooth debut today is Sam Adams, the now 288-year-old political philosopher and founding father who….wait…what? It’s not that Sam Adams? My bad. Whether Sam Adams takes his name from the founding father or the beer or both, the (obviously) Boston-based singer/emcee is making his first appearance on our pages with his melodic, bouncing new single Driving Me Crazy. If the track’s electronically melodic, sugar sweet production is driving you crazy, you can thank (or blame) Adams himself, who in addition to manning the boards contributes punchline driven rap/talk hybrid verses about the tendency of men to act insane over the fairer sex, or more specifically, to act insane in pursuit of sex with the fairer sex: “Not Tony Hawk, but last night, gave her the whole thing, no halfpipe.” If you’re losing your mind (in a good way) over this unapologetically enjoyable cut, be sure to check out Adams’ alliterate and aptly-titled new EP Boston Boy, available now online.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heads Will Roll (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.