Although the Sons of N.W.A. may be touring and putting out music (yes, the group includes the actual sons of Dr. Dre and Eazy-E), it doesn’t mean that other West Coast emcees can’t rework some of the group’s classics. Producer SALVA does right by the original version of Drop That B*tch, adding some Transformer sound effects to give it an updated feel as Kurupt, ScHoolboy Q, Problem, and Bud Lucc give you that Left Coast gangster attitude that you’ve come to expect. Instead of cruising down the street in a six-fo, the all-star team of Cali rappers spread the good word on letting go of a girl that isn’t worth their time. Plus, the chances are that one, if not all, of them got to her before you. Let’s see if the Sons of N.W.A. can hold it down for the OG’s like these guys did on this remodeled version of a classic.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.