Although the Sons of N.W.A. may be touring and putting out music (yes, the group includes the actual sons of Dr. Dre and Eazy-E), it doesn’t mean that other West Coast emcees can’t rework some of the group’s classics. Producer SALVA does right by the original version of Drop That B*tch, adding some Transformer sound effects to give it an updated feel as Kurupt, ScHoolboy Q, Problem, and Bud Lucc give you that Left Coast gangster attitude that you’ve come to expect. Instead of cruising down the street in a six-fo, the all-star team of Cali rappers spread the good word on letting go of a girl that isn’t worth their time. Plus, the chances are that one, if not all, of them got to her before you. Let’s see if the Sons of N.W.A. can hold it down for the OG’s like these guys did on this remodeled version of a classic.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.