Although the Sons of N.W.A. may be touring and putting out music (yes, the group includes the actual sons of Dr. Dre and Eazy-E), it doesn’t mean that other West Coast emcees can’t rework some of the group’s classics. Producer SALVA does right by the original version of Drop That B*tch, adding some Transformer sound effects to give it an updated feel as Kurupt, ScHoolboy Q, Problem, and Bud Lucc give you that Left Coast gangster attitude that you’ve come to expect. Instead of cruising down the street in a six-fo, the all-star team of Cali rappers spread the good word on letting go of a girl that isn’t worth their time. Plus, the chances are that one, if not all, of them got to her before you. Let’s see if the Sons of N.W.A. can hold it down for the OG’s like these guys did on this remodeled version of a classic.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.