A multi-platinum certified beatsmith who’s produced hits for everyone from Nas to Fergie, Salaam Remi is preparing to step into the spotlight with the release of his debut studio album, One: In the Chamber. The LP’s latest single and pseudo-title track, One in the Chamber, is a sweeping, mid-tempo jam with a Spaghetti Western vibe. Remi’s cinematic strings, moody guitar riffs and wailing brass back Konvict Muzik head honcho Akon as he laments his decision to get involved with a certain femme fatale. If the lyrical theme were revenge and not heartbreak, I’d be recommending it for retroactive inclusion on the Django Unchained soundtrack. In addition to this atmospheric banger, Salaam’s freshman set will pack appearances by Ne-Yo, Estelle, Stephen Marley and many more notable artists. Watch for the LP to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 30. Additionally, fans should stay on the lookout for this single’s official video, scheduled to debut sometime next week.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)