A multi-platinum certified beatsmith who’s produced hits for everyone from Nas to Fergie, Salaam Remi is preparing to step into the spotlight with the release of his debut studio album, One: In the Chamber. The LP’s latest single and pseudo-title track, One in the Chamber, is a sweeping, mid-tempo jam with a Spaghetti Western vibe. Remi’s cinematic strings, moody guitar riffs and wailing brass back Konvict Muzik head honcho Akon as he laments his decision to get involved with a certain femme fatale. If the lyrical theme were revenge and not heartbreak, I’d be recommending it for retroactive inclusion on the Django Unchained soundtrack. In addition to this atmospheric banger, Salaam’s freshman set will pack appearances by Ne-Yo, Estelle, Stephen Marley and many more notable artists. Watch for the LP to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 30. Additionally, fans should stay on the lookout for this single’s official video, scheduled to debut sometime next week.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.