Saint Nick may not be rocking the white beard and red coat of his North Pole-dwelling namesake, but he does come packing plenty of dope surprises for fans of Southern hip-hop. Nick’s latest gift to listeners, the anthemic Streets Gone Love Me, finds Don Cannon and willy will serving up a lush, brass-sampled beat as the emcee spits about the myriad obstacles he’s had to surmount while coming up in the ‘hood, and outlines the scope of his ambitions in the game. Soul songstress Marsha Ambrosius contributes her vocals to the hook. Digging this determination-drenched cut? More bangers await on Saint Nick’s Sweet Success street album, coming in late February.
Written by richard on 01/30/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.