According to his MySpace bio, S A I N T is driven to make music in order to “...shed light on a world that’s sometimes dark.” Though the Booth newcomer’s latest single finds him Looking in the Mirror rather than at the world around him, the Orlando emcee’s determination to tackle weighty lyrical themes comes through loud and clear. Here, beatsmith Slantize‘s tense, ominous music-box instrumental sets the stage for a little self-examination. Looking back on a relationship gone sour, S A I N T laments that he was too proud to tell his ex how he felt before it was too late. An artist with a similarly uncompromising vision and left-of-center sensibility, The Saddest Part singer/songwriter Kyle DenMead takes center stage on the chorus, accenting his plaintive vocals with a hint of Auto-Tune. If you’re digging this reflective (pun intended) track, you can hear more on S A I N T’s Under the Surface mixtape, set to drop sometime this month.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)