According to his MySpace bio, S A I N T is driven to make music in order to “...shed light on a world that’s sometimes dark.” Though the Booth newcomer’s latest single finds him Looking in the Mirror rather than at the world around him, the Orlando emcee’s determination to tackle weighty lyrical themes comes through loud and clear. Here, beatsmith Slantize‘s tense, ominous music-box instrumental sets the stage for a little self-examination. Looking back on a relationship gone sour, S A I N T laments that he was too proud to tell his ex how he felt before it was too late. An artist with a similarly uncompromising vision and left-of-center sensibility, The Saddest Part singer/songwriter Kyle DenMead takes center stage on the chorus, accenting his plaintive vocals with a hint of Auto-Tune. If you’re digging this reflective (pun intended) track, you can hear more on S A I N T’s Under the Surface mixtape, set to drop sometime this month.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.