According to his MySpace bio, S A I N T is driven to make music in order to “...shed light on a world that’s sometimes dark.” Though the Booth newcomer’s latest single finds him Looking in the Mirror rather than at the world around him, the Orlando emcee’s determination to tackle weighty lyrical themes comes through loud and clear. Here, beatsmith Slantize‘s tense, ominous music-box instrumental sets the stage for a little self-examination. Looking back on a relationship gone sour, S A I N T laments that he was too proud to tell his ex how he felt before it was too late. An artist with a similarly uncompromising vision and left-of-center sensibility, The Saddest Part singer/songwriter Kyle DenMead takes center stage on the chorus, accenting his plaintive vocals with a hint of Auto-Tune. If you’re digging this reflective (pun intended) track, you can hear more on S A I N T’s Under the Surface mixtape, set to drop sometime this month.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)