Just when we were beginning to think Saigon‘s long-awaited The Greatest Story Never Told would live up to its name, a fortuitous turn of events took place. Soon after squashing his ridiculous beef with Joe Budden, the Brooklyn native signed a multi-album distribution deal with Amalgam Digital (not to be confused with “label deal,” since Sai considers himself to be nobody’s artist). As part of that agreement, Sai hit the studio with Booth-acclaimed DJ/producer Statik Selektah to record an “album-before-the-album” in the span of 24 hours; the result is the aptly-named All In A Day’s Work (available now). Addressing an industry that can be So Cold, Saigon shows the world what a true MC sounds like. Saigon’s nonstop flow, along with Statik’s underground-banger beat, proves that nobody can water the duo down into a Ho Chi Minh City. Make sure to purchase All In A Day’s Work from your favorite online retailer, and check back with the Booth next week for Saigon’s exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.