Just when we were beginning to think Saigon‘s long-awaited The Greatest Story Never Told would live up to its name, a fortuitous turn of events took place. Soon after squashing his ridiculous beef with Joe Budden, the Brooklyn native signed a multi-album distribution deal with Amalgam Digital (not to be confused with “label deal,” since Sai considers himself to be nobody’s artist). As part of that agreement, Sai hit the studio with Booth-acclaimed DJ/producer Statik Selektah to record an “album-before-the-album” in the span of 24 hours; the result is the aptly-named All In A Day’s Work (available now). Addressing an industry that can be So Cold, Saigon shows the world what a true MC sounds like. Saigon’s nonstop flow, along with Statik’s underground-banger beat, proves that nobody can water the duo down into a Ho Chi Minh City. Make sure to purchase All In A Day’s Work from your favorite online retailer, and check back with the Booth next week for Saigon’s exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.