Saigon is upset. I mean, I’m as concerned with the future of hip hop as the next guy, but I think Saigon is losing sleep over this stuff. I know we got a bubble-gum rap epidemic on our hands but damn ‘Gon. Still, somebody’s gotta call ‘em out. On new street single You Make Me Sick, the always-outspoken emcee expresses his disgust with the current state of the game. Producer Frank Dukes (I think intentionally) gives Sick a classic hip-hop feel with a minimalist piano/drum loop and staccato brass stabs, while lyrically the angry New Yorker straight vents about why today’s rap makes him nauseous with lines like, “We ain’t thirsty enough to drink from a pimp cup”. (I had to laugh at that one.) Saigon’s AK-47 flow definitely adds to the fury of this track, but I was honestly hoping for a more aggressive chorus to really scare the posers out there. Overall, I respect the effort, and I think the Booth will as well. We’ll see how Saigon plans to remedy the game with his upcoming project, The Greatest Story Never Told, finally dropping February 15.
Written by CourtlandHH on 12/8/10
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.