Saigon - Relafriendship
Avg Rating: 3.1 ( 9 votes )
For as much ink has been spilt on the dreaded “friend zone” dilemma, the options it presents are pretty damn clear cut: either drop the expectation of romance and cultivate a true friendship with the person in question, or distance yourself. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Saigon discusses the considerably more ambiguous situation of the Relafriendship, in which genuine attraction has to masquerade as friendship, due to the potentially life-destroying consequences of letting that spark develop into something more. Shuko mans the boards, crafting a mellow, R&B-informed instrumental to back Sai as he describes his frustrating predicament. Singer GMartin provides a smooth hook and bridge, and RAGE ties the package together with some low-key official visuals. For this cut, lead single Not Like Them and more, check out Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread & Circuses when it hits record stores and online retailers November 6, aka Election Day.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)