Saigon - Relafriendship
Avg Rating: 3.1 ( 9 votes )
For as much ink has been spilt on the dreaded “friend zone” dilemma, the options it presents are pretty damn clear cut: either drop the expectation of romance and cultivate a true friendship with the person in question, or distance yourself. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Saigon discusses the considerably more ambiguous situation of the Relafriendship, in which genuine attraction has to masquerade as friendship, due to the potentially life-destroying consequences of letting that spark develop into something more. Shuko mans the boards, crafting a mellow, R&B-informed instrumental to back Sai as he describes his frustrating predicament. Singer GMartin provides a smooth hook and bridge, and RAGE ties the package together with some low-key official visuals. For this cut, lead single Not Like Them and more, check out Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread & Circuses when it hits record stores and online retailers November 6, aka Election Day.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.