Saigon - Relafriendship
Avg Rating: 3.1 ( 9 votes )
For as much ink has been spilt on the dreaded “friend zone” dilemma, the options it presents are pretty damn clear cut: either drop the expectation of romance and cultivate a true friendship with the person in question, or distance yourself. On the latest single off his sophomore set, Saigon discusses the considerably more ambiguous situation of the Relafriendship, in which genuine attraction has to masquerade as friendship, due to the potentially life-destroying consequences of letting that spark develop into something more. Shuko mans the boards, crafting a mellow, R&B-informed instrumental to back Sai as he describes his frustrating predicament. Singer GMartin provides a smooth hook and bridge, and RAGE ties the package together with some low-key official visuals. For this cut, lead single Not Like Them and more, check out Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread & Circuses when it hits record stores and online retailers November 6, aka Election Day.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.