Of all the emcees who claim to be Married to the Game, Saigon might be the most believable; after all, if the NYC native were less than one-hundred percent committed to his spouse, her constant B.S. and mind games (including the delays that infamously plagued his debut set) would have driven him out that door long, long ago. On the latest leak off Caesar & Pstarr‘s forthcoming full-length, the buzzmaking production duo cook up a pensive, piano-led beat (complete with a soaring guitar solo on the back) to back hip-hop’s most henpecked husband as he explains just how integral music is in his life: “Without the mic I’m like psychotically blind, I made your mold hold the cage of my soul, body and mind.” Having established his own fidelity to the game, the emcee proceeds to offer his less-than-complimentary opinion of competitors who trifle with his soulmate. Rocky as Sai’s marriage has been, his determination to stick with it through thick and thin is admirable—here’s to calmer seas ahead. Those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more hot beats and high-caliber guest features on Caesar & Pstarr’s War Music LP, set to hit the ‘net for free download later this month.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.