Of all the emcees who claim to be Married to the Game, Saigon might be the most believable; after all, if the NYC native were less than one-hundred percent committed to his spouse, her constant B.S. and mind games (including the delays that infamously plagued his debut set) would have driven him out that door long, long ago. On the latest leak off Caesar & Pstarr‘s forthcoming full-length, the buzzmaking production duo cook up a pensive, piano-led beat (complete with a soaring guitar solo on the back) to back hip-hop’s most henpecked husband as he explains just how integral music is in his life: “Without the mic I’m like psychotically blind, I made your mold hold the cage of my soul, body and mind.” Having established his own fidelity to the game, the emcee proceeds to offer his less-than-complimentary opinion of competitors who trifle with his soulmate. Rocky as Sai’s marriage has been, his determination to stick with it through thick and thin is admirable—here’s to calmer seas ahead. Those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more hot beats and high-caliber guest features on Caesar & Pstarr’s War Music LP, set to hit the ‘net for free download later this month.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.