Saigon - Game Changer
Featuring: Marsha Ambrosius
Producer: Canei Finch
Avg Rating: 3.7 ( 10 votes )
We’ll go ahead and assume that many of you are familiar with New York rapper Saigon, but that doesn’t mean you know about a close call he got into back in 2006, right before the release of his debut album The Greatest Story Never Told. One night, after leaving a diner, someone tried to steal Saigon’s chain, worth a whopping 18k. Expectedly, Saigon did not take kindly to the attempted mugging and tried to grab the chain back, but a brawl ensued. After the dust up, Saigon realized that he had been stabbed in the head with a broken bottle and when he couldn’t hail down a cab, the New York emcee drove himself to the hospital. Fresh off the release of his sophomore album, The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread and Circuses, fans are treated to visuals for the intimately open book selection Game Changerr. The song, which shares the details over his past circumstances, is a smooth, introspective cut, which features the catchy, soulful vocals of Marsha Ambrosius. For more authentic hip-hop be sure to purchase The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)