We’ll go ahead and assume that many of you are familiar with New York rapper Saigon, but that doesn’t mean you know about a close call he got into back in 2006, right before the release of his debut album The Greatest Story Never Told. One night, after leaving a diner, someone tried to steal Saigon’s chain, worth a whopping 18k. Expectedly, Saigon did not take kindly to the attempted mugging and tried to grab the chain back, but a brawl ensued. After the dust up, Saigon realized that he had been stabbed in the head with a broken bottle and when he couldn’t hail down a cab, the New York emcee drove himself to the hospital. Fresh off the release of his sophomore album, The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread and Circuses, fans are treated to visuals for the intimately open book selection Game Changerr. The song, which shares the details over his past circumstances, is a smooth, introspective cut, which features the catchy, soulful vocals of Marsha Ambrosius. For more authentic hip-hop be sure to purchase The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.