We’ll go ahead and assume that many of you are familiar with New York rapper Saigon, but that doesn’t mean you know about a close call he got into back in 2006, right before the release of his debut album The Greatest Story Never Told. One night, after leaving a diner, someone tried to steal Saigon’s chain, worth a whopping 18k. Expectedly, Saigon did not take kindly to the attempted mugging and tried to grab the chain back, but a brawl ensued. After the dust up, Saigon realized that he had been stabbed in the head with a broken bottle and when he couldn’t hail down a cab, the New York emcee drove himself to the hospital. Fresh off the release of his sophomore album, The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread and Circuses, fans are treated to visuals for the intimately open book selection Game Changerr. The song, which shares the details over his past circumstances, is a smooth, introspective cut, which features the catchy, soulful vocals of Marsha Ambrosius. For more authentic hip-hop be sure to purchase The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.