Last week, rapper Saigon released a statement through his MySpace page that detailed why he has decided to officially quit rapping. The guest star on the hit HBO show, Entourage, claims he decided to pursue a career in rap for a completely different reason than most newer artists today. While his record company, Atlantic, hasn’t sent out a press release regarding the remarks, it seems imminent that sometime in 2008 the company will release Saigon’s debut album, The Greatest Story Never Told. While numerous delays of the album are most likely what led to Saigon’s statement, new music from the rapper continues to leak, a signal that the setbacks never stopped the New York-native from recording. Alongside Memphis Bleek, Saigon unleashes Ryders (Da Ville To Da Stuy), a track that compares the two artist’ neighborhoods. Will Saigon ride out his current situation till its end? 2008 will provide an answer to a question that might never be answered.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.