Last week, rapper Saigon released a statement through his MySpace page that detailed why he has decided to officially quit rapping. The guest star on the hit HBO show, Entourage, claims he decided to pursue a career in rap for a completely different reason than most newer artists today. While his record company, Atlantic, hasn’t sent out a press release regarding the remarks, it seems imminent that sometime in 2008 the company will release Saigon’s debut album, The Greatest Story Never Told. While numerous delays of the album are most likely what led to Saigon’s statement, new music from the rapper continues to leak, a signal that the setbacks never stopped the New York-native from recording. Alongside Memphis Bleek, Saigon unleashes Ryders (Da Ville To Da Stuy), a track that compares the two artist’ neighborhoods. Will Saigon ride out his current situation till its end? 2008 will provide an answer to a question that might never be answered.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.