Last week, rapper Saigon released a statement through his MySpace page that detailed why he has decided to officially quit rapping. The guest star on the hit HBO show, Entourage, claims he decided to pursue a career in rap for a completely different reason than most newer artists today. While his record company, Atlantic, hasn’t sent out a press release regarding the remarks, it seems imminent that sometime in 2008 the company will release Saigon’s debut album, The Greatest Story Never Told. While numerous delays of the album are most likely what led to Saigon’s statement, new music from the rapper continues to leak, a signal that the setbacks never stopped the New York-native from recording. Alongside Memphis Bleek, Saigon unleashes Ryders (Da Ville To Da Stuy), a track that compares the two artist’ neighborhoods. Will Saigon ride out his current situation till its end? 2008 will provide an answer to a question that might never be answered.
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.