As a host on perhaps hip-hop’s most prominent radio station, New York City’s Hot 97, Peter Rosenberg knows true talent when he hears it. Inspired by some of today’s best up-and-coming talent, Rosenberg has teamed up with Washington DC producer Oddisee to release a six-track EP entitled A Rosenberg Oddisee on October 28. On the disc’s lead single, Saigon and M.O.P.‘s Lil’ Fame notice that from Baghdad to Brooklyn (and everywhere in between) we are at war with one another. Plenty of hard-hitting percussion and some classic M.O.P.-style horns provide WW4 with listener appeal, regardless of whether or not you enjoy New York street rap. In a nutshell, hip-hop fans would do well to stay tuned to see what else Rosenberg has up his sleeve.
Written by Burmy on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.