On his last feature, single numero uno off his forthcoming sophomore set, Saigon reminded fans that he’s Not Like Them; “them,” of course, being the lames who would sell out their block and their peers for 30 pieces of silver. With a newly-released album outtake, he continues to press the point, chronicling his ceaseless efforts to keep his Feet on the Ground in a rap industry filled with daydreaming fakes. Over DJ Corbett‘s rock-infused production, he reminds those living in privilege how grimy it still is in the inner-city streets (No Virginia, not every ‘hood denizen drives a Bugatti or a Lambo.) and offers a brutally honest assessment of the state of the hip-hop game: “I’m picky, and I don’t like this latest generation of rap / And I am hatin’, in fact: I hate the fact that it’s wack.” Topped off with Sai’s own chorus vocals, this type of cut is exactly what you should expect on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses, which you’ll be able to pick up on your way to the polls November 6.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.