On his last feature, single numero uno off his forthcoming sophomore set, Saigon reminded fans that he’s Not Like Them; “them,” of course, being the lames who would sell out their block and their peers for 30 pieces of silver. With a newly-released album outtake, he continues to press the point, chronicling his ceaseless efforts to keep his Feet on the Ground in a rap industry filled with daydreaming fakes. Over DJ Corbett‘s rock-infused production, he reminds those living in privilege how grimy it still is in the inner-city streets (No Virginia, not every ‘hood denizen drives a Bugatti or a Lambo.) and offers a brutally honest assessment of the state of the hip-hop game: “I’m picky, and I don’t like this latest generation of rap / And I am hatin’, in fact: I hate the fact that it’s wack.” Topped off with Sai’s own chorus vocals, this type of cut is exactly what you should expect on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses, which you’ll be able to pick up on your way to the polls November 6.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.