On his last feature, single numero uno off his forthcoming sophomore set, Saigon reminded fans that he’s Not Like Them; “them,” of course, being the lames who would sell out their block and their peers for 30 pieces of silver. With a newly-released album outtake, he continues to press the point, chronicling his ceaseless efforts to keep his Feet on the Ground in a rap industry filled with daydreaming fakes. Over DJ Corbett‘s rock-infused production, he reminds those living in privilege how grimy it still is in the inner-city streets (No Virginia, not every ‘hood denizen drives a Bugatti or a Lambo.) and offers a brutally honest assessment of the state of the hip-hop game: “I’m picky, and I don’t like this latest generation of rap / And I am hatin’, in fact: I hate the fact that it’s wack.” Topped off with Sai’s own chorus vocals, this type of cut is exactly what you should expect on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses, which you’ll be able to pick up on your way to the polls November 6.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.