On his last feature, single numero uno off his forthcoming sophomore set, Saigon reminded fans that he’s Not Like Them; “them,” of course, being the lames who would sell out their block and their peers for 30 pieces of silver. With a newly-released album outtake, he continues to press the point, chronicling his ceaseless efforts to keep his Feet on the Ground in a rap industry filled with daydreaming fakes. Over DJ Corbett‘s rock-infused production, he reminds those living in privilege how grimy it still is in the inner-city streets (No Virginia, not every ‘hood denizen drives a Bugatti or a Lambo.) and offers a brutally honest assessment of the state of the hip-hop game: “I’m picky, and I don’t like this latest generation of rap / And I am hatin’, in fact: I hate the fact that it’s wack.” Topped off with Sai’s own chorus vocals, this type of cut is exactly what you should expect on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses, which you’ll be able to pick up on your way to the polls November 6.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.