On his last feature, single numero uno off his forthcoming sophomore set, Saigon reminded fans that he’s Not Like Them; “them,” of course, being the lames who would sell out their block and their peers for 30 pieces of silver. With a newly-released album outtake, he continues to press the point, chronicling his ceaseless efforts to keep his Feet on the Ground in a rap industry filled with daydreaming fakes. Over DJ Corbett‘s rock-infused production, he reminds those living in privilege how grimy it still is in the inner-city streets (No Virginia, not every ‘hood denizen drives a Bugatti or a Lambo.) and offers a brutally honest assessment of the state of the hip-hop game: “I’m picky, and I don’t like this latest generation of rap / And I am hatin’, in fact: I hate the fact that it’s wack.” Topped off with Sai’s own chorus vocals, this type of cut is exactly what you should expect on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses, which you’ll be able to pick up on your way to the polls November 6.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)