Wait, could it really be? Could Saigon’s uber-ironically titled album The Greatest Story Never Told, an album whose delays reached Detox proportions, finally be hitting the shelves? You’re damn right it is. With persistence like that, I think we’ve got no choice but to stand up and applaud the man (aka Clap). A song that will serve as the album’s radio single, Clap takes its cue from an appropriately triumphant beat from the legendary Just Blaze, who seamlessly blends soul samples with heavy hitting percussion. Reminiscent of Nas and Lauryn Hill’s classic If I Ruled the World, Clap finds Saigon imagining a world without crooked cops, haters and daily killings on his street, all in his typically straight forward flow; sentiments that are made even stronger by a hook from the esteemed Faith Evans. He’s not kidding when he says “You are just about to witness history made.” As hard as it may be to believe, The Greatest Story Never Told will finally drop on (knocks on wood) February 15. Hopefully it will be well worth the wait.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/16/11
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.