Wait, could it really be? Could Saigon’s uber-ironically titled album The Greatest Story Never Told, an album whose delays reached Detox proportions, finally be hitting the shelves? You’re damn right it is. With persistence like that, I think we’ve got no choice but to stand up and applaud the man (aka Clap). A song that will serve as the album’s radio single, Clap takes its cue from an appropriately triumphant beat from the legendary Just Blaze, who seamlessly blends soul samples with heavy hitting percussion. Reminiscent of Nas and Lauryn Hill’s classic If I Ruled the World, Clap finds Saigon imagining a world without crooked cops, haters and daily killings on his street, all in his typically straight forward flow; sentiments that are made even stronger by a hook from the esteemed Faith Evans. He’s not kidding when he says “You are just about to witness history made.” As hard as it may be to believe, The Greatest Story Never Told will finally drop on (knocks on wood) February 15. Hopefully it will be well worth the wait.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/16/11
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.