When you’ve been the victim of as much industry B.S. as Saigon, you have two choices: get really damn good at making lemons into lemonade, or simply give up. Fortunately for fans of quality hip-hop, the Brooklyn mainstay chose to keep his chin up – as he puts it on his latest single, “Y’all aint gonna Bring Me Down.” Over his and DJ Corbett‘s blend of crunchy guitar and live percussion, the artist informs fans that, though he often feels like it’s him against the world, he won’t let any amount of hate or red tape slow him down – in fact, anyone who gets in his way will soon find himself peppered with more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese: “I dare somebody jump out the window to try to stop me / I wait for n*ggas then shoot ‘em like I was a paparazzi…” Saigon’s determination to succeed is unquestionable, but is this single’s alt-rock informed sound a good look for the lyrical bruiser? And will it stir up enough buzz to ensure that Sai’s long-awaited debut studio album, The Greatest Story Never Told, actually makes onto store shelves on February 15, 2011? Feel free to speculate – or simply keep your fingers crossed.
Written by richard on 11/3/10
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)