Saigon’s The Greatest Story Never Told may have been one of the most anticipated hip-hop albums ever, and that was proven as it became iTunes’ #1 selling hip-hop album just hours after its release. Although the recently leaked Bring Me Down Pt. 3 did not make the album’s final cut, we still get a dope song that reaffirms the quality of Saigon’s music. Produced by Sai’s right hand man Just Blaze (and DJ Corbett), the third part of the song series mixes a pounding hip-hop rhythm with some heavy rock guitar. With a chorus made up of powerful drums and moving chords, Saigon and Blaze give you no choice but to feel the music. On the mic, the Entourage alum’s flow is tight, changing tempos almost every four bars, but he also brought in newly Shady-signed Joe Budden to lace the record, showing they’re done with their stupid little beef and are back simply making good music. Overall, if this is the kind of material that wasn’t good enough to make the album, I’m officially 84,598 times more excited to hear The Greatest Story Never Told.
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.