Saigon’s The Greatest Story Never Told may have been one of the most anticipated hip-hop albums ever, and that was proven as it became iTunes’ #1 selling hip-hop album just hours after its release. Although the recently leaked Bring Me Down Pt. 3 did not make the album’s final cut, we still get a dope song that reaffirms the quality of Saigon’s music. Produced by Sai’s right hand man Just Blaze (and DJ Corbett), the third part of the song series mixes a pounding hip-hop rhythm with some heavy rock guitar. With a chorus made up of powerful drums and moving chords, Saigon and Blaze give you no choice but to feel the music. On the mic, the Entourage alum’s flow is tight, changing tempos almost every four bars, but he also brought in newly Shady-signed Joe Budden to lace the record, showing they’re done with their stupid little beef and are back simply making good music. Overall, if this is the kind of material that wasn’t good enough to make the album, I’m officially 84,598 times more excited to hear The Greatest Story Never Told.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.