Saigon’s The Greatest Story Never Told may have been one of the most anticipated hip-hop albums ever, and that was proven as it became iTunes’ #1 selling hip-hop album just hours after its release. Although the recently leaked Bring Me Down Pt. 3 did not make the album’s final cut, we still get a dope song that reaffirms the quality of Saigon’s music. Produced by Sai’s right hand man Just Blaze (and DJ Corbett), the third part of the song series mixes a pounding hip-hop rhythm with some heavy rock guitar. With a chorus made up of powerful drums and moving chords, Saigon and Blaze give you no choice but to feel the music. On the mic, the Entourage alum’s flow is tight, changing tempos almost every four bars, but he also brought in newly Shady-signed Joe Budden to lace the record, showing they’re done with their stupid little beef and are back simply making good music. Overall, if this is the kind of material that wasn’t good enough to make the album, I’m officially 84,598 times more excited to hear The Greatest Story Never Told.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.