When you’ve been the victim of as much industry B.S. as Saigon, you have two choices: get really damn good at making lemons into lemonade, or simply give up. Fortunately for fans of quality hip-hop, the Brooklyn mainstay chose to keep his chin up – as he puts it on his latest single, “Y’all aint gonna Bring Me Down.” Over his and DJ Corbett‘s blend of crunchy guitar and live percussion, the artist informs fans that, though he often feels like it’s him against the world, he won’t let any amount of hate or red tape slow him down – in fact, anyone who gets in his way will soon find himself peppered with more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese: “I dare somebody jump out the window to try to stop me / I wait for n*ggas then shoot ‘em like I was a paparazzi…” Saigon’s determination to succeed is unquestionable, but is this single’s alt-rock informed sound a good look for the lyrical bruiser? And will it stir up enough buzz to ensure that Sai’s long-awaited debut studio album, The Greatest Story Never Told, actually makes onto store shelves on February 15, 2011? Feel free to speculate – or simply keep your fingers crossed.
Written by richard on 11/3/10
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)