Saigon - Blown Away
Producer: DJ Corbett
Avg Rating: 3.0 ( 10 votes )
Though Saigon kicks off his latest jam with the demand that the powers that be, “free all political prisoners,” the NYC underground mainstay quickly adds a caveat: “Even though a lot of y’all are lucky to be prisoners. ‘Cause you know what happens to people when they step up? They get Blown Away.” The final pre-release single off his sophomore set, this politically-charged banger finds Sai reflecting on the unfortunate—and suspicious—tendency of progressive leaders to get cut down before their time. Martin Luther King, Jr., Huey P. Newton, Abraham Lincoln and Tupac Shakur are just a few of the many names he invokes over DJ Corbett‘s insistent piano chords. Nicholas Heller provides some visceral official visuals to complement the cut. The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread and Circuses is set to drop tomorrow, aka Election Day. Click here to pre-order the project!
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.