Saigon - Best Thing That I Found
Producer: DJ Corbett
Avg Rating: 3.5 ( 11 votes )
New York rhymesayer Saigon may be known for his brolic rhymes, but at the start of his latest record Best Thing That I Found it’s made quite clear that we’re in store for a much different tune from the artist. Christian rapper Lecrae sets the tone for the highly spiritual song before Saigon goes on to drop bars about everything from coping with depression to the feeling of being blessed. The Suburban Noize Records artist comes across as genuinely candid, informing us “Heavenly father, never forget it/ My life without you I’d just rather not live it.” Production from DJ Corbett keeps with the uplifting nature of the record as he gifts the song with both percussion and mellow strings. Best Thing That I Found will be featured on Saigon’s The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses album, which is due out on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.