Saigon - Best Thing That I Found
Producer: DJ Corbett
Avg Rating: 3.5 ( 11 total votes )
New York rhymesayer Saigon may be known for his brolic rhymes, but at the start of his latest record Best Thing That I Found it’s made quite clear that we’re in store for a much different tune from the artist. Christian rapper Lecrae sets the tone for the highly spiritual song before Saigon goes on to drop bars about everything from coping with depression to the feeling of being blessed. The Suburban Noize Records artist comes across as genuinely candid, informing us “Heavenly father, never forget it/ My life without you I’d just rather not live it.” Production from DJ Corbett keeps with the uplifting nature of the record as he gifts the song with both percussion and mellow strings. Best Thing That I Found will be featured on Saigon’s The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread And Circuses album, which is due out on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
A prodigiously-delayed debut that very nearly lived up to its title, Saigon's The Greatest Story Never Told LP won widespread critical acclaim when it finally dropped last February. Now, the Spring Valley, New York emcee...
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.