Update: We have added the Fabrizio Conte-directed visuals for Saigon’s Best Mistake.
Like all of us, Saigon f**ks up from time to time. When he looks back on his missteps, though, there’s at least one he’d never take back for the world. The lead single off his forthcoming junior set, Best Mistake finds the B.K. underground mainstay looking back on the doomed relationship that resulted in the birth of his baby daughter. Over BANNANAZ‘s bittersweet strings, he imagines himself standing in front of the devil, forced to testify truthfully on whether he loved the mother of his child, or lose his life. Ultimately, he has to answer in the negative. Though he can’t justify his behavior, he takes solace in the fact that their mutual error added something positive to both of their lives. Complete with a poignant guest chorus by G. Martin, this cut is just the beginning of the fresh, lyrically insightful material to be found on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 3: Hip Hop My Way. Watch for the project to hit digital store shelves Tuesday, February 11, via Suburban Noize Records/RED.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Suburban Noize Records/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)