Update: We have added the Fabrizio Conte-directed visuals for Saigon’s Best Mistake.
Like all of us, Saigon f**ks up from time to time. When he looks back on his missteps, though, there’s at least one he’d never take back for the world. The lead single off his forthcoming junior set, Best Mistake finds the B.K. underground mainstay looking back on the doomed relationship that resulted in the birth of his baby daughter. Over BANNANAZ‘s bittersweet strings, he imagines himself standing in front of the devil, forced to testify truthfully on whether he loved the mother of his child, or lose his life. Ultimately, he has to answer in the negative. Though he can’t justify his behavior, he takes solace in the fact that their mutual error added something positive to both of their lives. Complete with a poignant guest chorus by G. Martin, this cut is just the beginning of the fresh, lyrically insightful material to be found on The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 3: Hip Hop My Way. Watch for the project to hit digital store shelves Tuesday, February 11, via Suburban Noize Records/RED.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.