Most emcees’ bad habits are probably much like those of a normal person. Perhaps A$AP bites his nails, or maybe Andre 3000 eats too much junk food. Its fitting that DJBooth rookie Sahtyre’s habit is unlike any other rapper considering he is unlike any other rapper. On Bad Habit, the L.A. emcee’s ode to his drug and partying habit, Sahtyre demonstrates just how bad his habit is. The only thing more trippy than the visuals, which feature a bevy of weird stock footage and a blurry undertone, is Sahtyre’s left of center, aggressive flow, which is capped off by the alien sounding beat from Kuest 1ndr. From the sound of things, it sounds like Sahtyre wont be kicking his habit anytime soon, which means more brash cuts for us! Sahtyre’s album, aptly titled LSD is currently forthcoming and will include this cut.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.