I’m back to the DJBooth after my winter hiatus, and I couldn’t be happier than to kick off 2013 with Movement, a record emcee Saheed laces with his trademark gritty style. The Florida-residing artist sounds very ‘90s, New York hip hop on Movement, especially alongside cohort Wais P, who gives the track a complimentary verse and that same dirty flow. The (Instru)Mentalist creator Numonics handles the boards, adding samples and orchestras for Movement, just like he did on previous release Gaza Strip. Movement can be found on Saheed’s Not for Nothing album, due out via The DJBooth on January 29, and sponsored by 8&9 Clothing.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 01/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.