I’m back to the DJBooth after my winter hiatus, and I couldn’t be happier than to kick off 2013 with Movement, a record emcee Saheed laces with his trademark gritty style. The Florida-residing artist sounds very ‘90s, New York hip hop on Movement, especially alongside cohort Wais P, who gives the track a complimentary verse and that same dirty flow. The (Instru)Mentalist creator Numonics handles the boards, adding samples and orchestras for Movement, just like he did on previous release Gaza Strip. Movement can be found on Saheed’s Not for Nothing album, due out via The DJBooth on January 29, and sponsored by 8&9 Clothing.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 01/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.