Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last we heard from Saheed, on May 2011 album inclusion Peace & Quiet, he was longing for a respite from the constant pressures of the hustle. While we in The DJBooth missed him, that year-and-a-half away from our pages seems to have done wonders for the Hialeah, Florida repper’s mood. I Go On, the lead single off his forthcoming collaborative set with Panhandle State beatsmith Numonics, finds him feeling fresh, rejuvenated and ready to do whatever it takes to conquer the industry. Over his partner’s head-noddable sample work (accented by cuts from DJ Heron), the emcee admits that his drive to succeed is so strong, it’s making him a little manic: “I can’t stay in one place, yo I gotta move my feet… don’t wanna eat or speak, I shoulda got a little sleep.” Now that Saheed’s back, are you craving more fresh tunes? Then don’t touch that dial; we’ll keep you supplied with the latest song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Not for Nothing.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Saheed’s Olu (of Deadass Films)-directed I Go On visual.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.