Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last we heard from Saheed, on May 2011 album inclusion Peace & Quiet, he was longing for a respite from the constant pressures of the hustle. While we in The DJBooth missed him, that year-and-a-half away from our pages seems to have done wonders for the Hialeah, Florida repper’s mood. I Go On, the lead single off his forthcoming collaborative set with Panhandle State beatsmith Numonics, finds him feeling fresh, rejuvenated and ready to do whatever it takes to conquer the industry. Over his partner’s head-noddable sample work (accented by cuts from DJ Heron), the emcee admits that his drive to succeed is so strong, it’s making him a little manic: “I can’t stay in one place, yo I gotta move my feet… don’t wanna eat or speak, I shoulda got a little sleep.” Now that Saheed’s back, are you craving more fresh tunes? Then don’t touch that dial; we’ll keep you supplied with the latest song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Not for Nothing.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Saheed’s Olu (of Deadass Films)-directed I Go On visual.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Up-and-coming emcee Saheed and buzzmaking producer Numonics have come together with The DJBooth and 8&9 Clothing Co. to bring listeners their new, collaborative street release, Not for Nothing. The project features 13...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.