No matter how hard you try to keep it positive, there are always those days (or weeks, or months…) when everything’s a drag and it feels like your life’s on the slow train to nowhere; few, however, can spin their blues into musical gold like Saheed, the young emcee who brought us As Far as I Can See and Da Wilderness, does on his latest feature. Newly-leaked mixtape cut How Can I Explain finds the Miami up-and-comer pondering the difficulty of putting his pain into words. Over The Psyclones’ tense, soul-sampled instrumental, the artist answers his own question, painting a propulsively-flowed lyrical portrait of his conflicted state: “Tryin’ to put problems behind me ‘cause patience I don’t have more/ Seems the weight of the world is on my shoulders like a Jansport.” It’s a feeling that most of us should be able to relate to – here’s hoping that expressing it in rhyme provided the catharsis Saheed needed. HCIE and much more can be found on the artist’s Pray for the Best, Prepare for the Worst mixtape when it drops this March.
Written by richard on 01/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.