When I learned that Saheed intended to address both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Windy City’s violent crime epidemic on his latest single, my reaction was, “Damn.” After listening to the record and hearing the Chicago-born rhymesayer (the son of a Palestinian father) successfully execute that ambitious concept, that turned to, “Damn!” On Gaza Trip, Jewish producer and fellow Florida resident Numonics crafts a sampled beat worthy of a Spaghetti Western standoff as Saheed draws one key parallel between the two situations: in both cases, it’s not a question of who’s right, but rather how to ramp down hostilities on all sides before more lives are lost. For this powerful cut, the previously-featured I Go On and much more download the DJBooth/8&9 Clothing-presented Not for Nothing LP, scheduled to hit our front page in January 2013.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Up-and-coming emcee Saheed and buzzmaking producer Numonics have come together with The DJBooth and 8&9 Clothing Co. to bring listeners their new, collaborative street release, Not for Nothing. The project features 13...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.