When I learned that Saheed intended to address both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Windy City’s violent crime epidemic on his latest single, my reaction was, “Damn.” After listening to the record and hearing the Chicago-born rhymesayer (the son of a Palestinian father) successfully execute that ambitious concept, that turned to, “Damn!” On Gaza Trip, Jewish producer and fellow Florida resident Numonics crafts a sampled beat worthy of a Spaghetti Western standoff as Saheed draws one key parallel between the two situations: in both cases, it’s not a question of who’s right, but rather how to ramp down hostilities on all sides before more lives are lost. For this powerful cut, the previously-featured I Go On and much more download the DJBooth/8&9 Clothing-presented Not for Nothing LP, scheduled to hit our front page in January 2013.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.