Saheed may be young (according to his MySpace bio, he’s 19), but, then again, age ain’t nothing but a number—on his Booth debut, Da Wilderness, the Miami-based emcee exhibited a 20/20 artistic vision and wisdom well beyond his years, and his keen insight into the ways of the world (and the music game) is equally evident on his second feature. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first official leak off the artist’s Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst mixtape finds him gazing “As Far As I Can See” over the game, delivering clear-eyed commentary on life’s complexities and the artistic grind in a frantic flow that seems to surge ahead of Ozny‘s darkly ambient piano-loop instrumental. Topped off with Floridian singer Sylvia Jaymes’ chilly yet intense hook vocals, this cut is sure to resonate with anyone who’s struggled to surmount difficult circumstances in pursuit of a big dream. Resuscitation Compilation: Pray For The Best, Prepare For The Worst has yet to receive a solid release date; keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.