Saheed may be young (according to his MySpace bio, he’s 19), but, then again, age ain’t nothing but a number—on his Booth debut, Da Wilderness, the Miami-based emcee exhibited a 20/20 artistic vision and wisdom well beyond his years, and his keen insight into the ways of the world (and the music game) is equally evident on his second feature. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first official leak off the artist’s Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst mixtape finds him gazing “As Far As I Can See” over the game, delivering clear-eyed commentary on life’s complexities and the artistic grind in a frantic flow that seems to surge ahead of Ozny‘s darkly ambient piano-loop instrumental. Topped off with Floridian singer Sylvia Jaymes’ chilly yet intense hook vocals, this cut is sure to resonate with anyone who’s struggled to surmount difficult circumstances in pursuit of a big dream. Resuscitation Compilation: Pray For The Best, Prepare For The Worst has yet to receive a solid release date; keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 09/9/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.