Saheed may be young (according to his MySpace bio, he’s 19), but, then again, age ain’t nothing but a number—on his Booth debut, Da Wilderness, the Miami-based emcee exhibited a 20/20 artistic vision and wisdom well beyond his years, and his keen insight into the ways of the world (and the music game) is equally evident on his second feature. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first official leak off the artist’s Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst mixtape finds him gazing “As Far As I Can See” over the game, delivering clear-eyed commentary on life’s complexities and the artistic grind in a frantic flow that seems to surge ahead of Ozny‘s darkly ambient piano-loop instrumental. Topped off with Floridian singer Sylvia Jaymes’ chilly yet intense hook vocals, this cut is sure to resonate with anyone who’s struggled to surmount difficult circumstances in pursuit of a big dream. Resuscitation Compilation: Pray For The Best, Prepare For The Worst has yet to receive a solid release date; keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.