Life ain’t easy – and, as those who tuned in for cathartic mixtape cut How Can I Explain already know, Saheed is well acquainted with hardship. Be that as it may, the Panhandle State buzzmaker (and freestyle series contributor) has no patience for those who take life’s struggles as license to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. On mixtape leak Empathy, making its world premiere in the Booth, he administers a little tough love, encouraging those down on their luck to man (or woman) up and “play the hand that you’re dealt.” Far as I Can See beatsmith Ozny handles production duties, pairing a descending horn sample with a head-noddable breakbeat as the headliner spits his characteristically agile, insightful bars. Lending a hand, or several hands, on the guest tip are the vocal portion of Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! (whose Lords of the Fly mixtape hit the Booth earlier today!); Bernbiz and Wrekonize hop aboard to contribute a witty guest verse each, as well as a tuneful hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then Take Heed: Saheed’s new, Booth-sponsored street album will be available for free streaming and download October 13.
Written by richard on 09/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.