Life ain’t easy – and, as those who tuned in for cathartic mixtape cut How Can I Explain already know, Saheed is well acquainted with hardship. Be that as it may, the Panhandle State buzzmaker (and freestyle series contributor) has no patience for those who take life’s struggles as license to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. On mixtape leak Empathy, making its world premiere in the Booth, he administers a little tough love, encouraging those down on their luck to man (or woman) up and “play the hand that you’re dealt.” Far as I Can See beatsmith Ozny handles production duties, pairing a descending horn sample with a head-noddable breakbeat as the headliner spits his characteristically agile, insightful bars. Lending a hand, or several hands, on the guest tip are the vocal portion of Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! (whose Lords of the Fly mixtape hit the Booth earlier today!); Bernbiz and Wrekonize hop aboard to contribute a witty guest verse each, as well as a tuneful hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then Take Heed: Saheed’s new, Booth-sponsored street album will be available for free streaming and download October 13.
Written by richard on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.