Life ain’t easy – and, as those who tuned in for cathartic mixtape cut How Can I Explain already know, Saheed is well acquainted with hardship. Be that as it may, the Panhandle State buzzmaker (and freestyle series contributor) has no patience for those who take life’s struggles as license to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. On mixtape leak Empathy, making its world premiere in the Booth, he administers a little tough love, encouraging those down on their luck to man (or woman) up and “play the hand that you’re dealt.” Far as I Can See beatsmith Ozny handles production duties, pairing a descending horn sample with a head-noddable breakbeat as the headliner spits his characteristically agile, insightful bars. Lending a hand, or several hands, on the guest tip are the vocal portion of Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! (whose Lords of the Fly mixtape hit the Booth earlier today!); Bernbiz and Wrekonize hop aboard to contribute a witty guest verse each, as well as a tuneful hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then Take Heed: Saheed’s new, Booth-sponsored street album will be available for free streaming and download October 13.
Written by richard on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da Wilderness" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.