While today notably marks the first time Sage Francis has appeared on DJBooth’s vaunted pages, fans of heavily bearded, possibly insane, poetically inclined rappers from Providence have been up on the man for years. (Frankly, there aren’t a lot of other options.) Those same fans also know that Sage has never hesitated to experiment, and his new single Slow Man may be one of his most sonically adventurous yet, thanks in large part to the country-meets-hip-hop audio template that producer Brian Deck lays down. On the mic Sage does more quasi-singing than he does rapping, but his lyrics are as heavily shrouded yet fearlessly autobiographical as ever. I know a lot of folks will either love this track or hate it, but as one of those long time fans I can promise you one thing; Sage doesn’t give a f**k. He’s going to keep making the music he wants to regardless. I honestly have no idea what his new album Li(f)e will sound like when it drops on May 1, but I do know I’ll be listening. How about you?
Listen to More: Sage Francis
Written by Nathan S. on 03/31/10
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bad Things (Redux)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.