While today notably marks the first time Sage Francis has appeared on DJBooth’s vaunted pages, fans of heavily bearded, possibly insane, poetically inclined rappers from Providence have been up on the man for years. (Frankly, there aren’t a lot of other options.) Those same fans also know that Sage has never hesitated to experiment, and his new single Slow Man may be one of his most sonically adventurous yet, thanks in large part to the country-meets-hip-hop audio template that producer Brian Deck lays down. On the mic Sage does more quasi-singing than he does rapping, but his lyrics are as heavily shrouded yet fearlessly autobiographical as ever. I know a lot of folks will either love this track or hate it, but as one of those long time fans I can promise you one thing; Sage doesn’t give a f**k. He’s going to keep making the music he wants to regardless. I honestly have no idea what his new album Li(f)e will sound like when it drops on May 1, but I do know I’ll be listening. How about you?
Written by Nathan S. on 03/31/10
Submit your Rating
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bad Things (Redux)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.