I have to admit, I was a little nervous to listen to the first feature from Sadistik—Booth-exclusive world premiere or no. If the Seattle underground mainstay (as his stage name suggests) gets his kicks by inflicting pain, there’s no telling what kind of ear-splitting noise would come through my headphones when I hit play. My fears were unwarranted, though. On Death Warrant, all his aggression is directed towards his competition, not the listener. With Eric G.‘s lush, atmospheric synth grooves as his backdrop, Sadistik lets loose at sucker emcees. Fellow Booth newcomer Sticky Fingaz and Strange Music capo Tech N9ne contribute guest bars. The Ultraviolet LP is slated to drop Tuesday, July 1 (pre-order here), and will be available for exclusive streaming in the Booth during its week of release.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
Fake Four Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.