I have to admit, I was a little nervous to listen to the first feature from Sadistik—Booth-exclusive world premiere or no. If the Seattle underground mainstay (as his stage name suggests) gets his kicks by inflicting pain, there’s no telling what kind of ear-splitting noise would come through my headphones when I hit play. My fears were unwarranted, though. On Death Warrant, all his aggression is directed towards his competition, not the listener. With Eric G.‘s lush, atmospheric synth grooves as his backdrop, Sadistik lets loose at sucker emcees. Fellow Booth newcomer Sticky Fingaz and Strange Music capo Tech N9ne contribute guest bars. The Ultraviolet LP is slated to drop Tuesday, July 1 (pre-order here), and will be available for exclusive streaming in the Booth during its week of release.
Written by richard on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
Fake Four Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.